http://emilywaltertherealtor.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/JULY-8-2020.2.1.jpg 1414 2119 Emily http://emilywaltertherealtor.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/REMAX-w-Balloon--300x93.jpg Emily2020-07-11 18:09:082020-07-11 18:09:085 Tips For Staying Cool
There are plenty of ways to cool off this summer besides blasting your air conditioner.
- Before you turn ceiling fans on high, make sure they’re set to rotate counterclockwise. This helps generate a cooler breeze in your home.
- Take advantage of an outdoor grill or utilize small appliance, such as air fryers and slow cookers, to avoid heating up your entire kitchen. If you need to use the oven, do so first thing in the morning.
- Reduce the amount of sun exposure a room gets by using blackout curtains.
- Instead of running the dryer, keep your space cool by opting to hang-dry clothes inside on a clothing rack or line-dry them outside on sunny days.
- Provide relief from the syn by adding a pergola, pavilion, gazebo, or large umbrella to your outdoor entertaining space. You can also plan ahead for upcoming summers by planting a shade tree in your yard this fall.